Text-chat in real time with other savvy BlackBerry users like you.
- TIP: Check the delivery status icon, which will read D for message delivered, and R for message read.
- Step 1: Invite others into an existing conversation by clicking the trackball during a chat and choosing Invite and the contact name.
- Step 2: Change your availability status from Available to Unavailable when you don't want to receive instant messages by clicking the trackball on the Contact List screen and choosing Unavailable.
- FACT: Did you know? Considered the first high-tech president, Barack Obama was allowed to keep his BlackBerry for personal use in the White House.
- Step 3: Click on a contact from the Contacts List and select Start Conversation. Type a message and hit Send. Click the wheel and choose Reply to reply to a message. Then click the trackball and End Conversation to end a chat.
- Step 4: Respond to contact requests from others by pressing the trackball, selecting Open, and choosing either Accept or Decline.
- TIP: If you don't have Messenger or want to download the latest version, get it at the BlackBerry web site.
- Step 5: The first time you access Messenger, create a display name and password when prompted.
- Step 6: Click Add a Contact from the Contacts Menu; then click Use Once. Send an invitation to potential contacts by typing their email address or their PIN Then type any message and press Enter and then OK.
- Step 7: Enter Messenger from the main menu under Instant Messaging. Most BlackBerrys have Messenger pre-loaded.