Made from the seeds, pulp, and membranes of grapefruit, GSE is a natural antibacterial, fungicide, antiviral, and antiparastic compound used for a variety of ailments. Here are some popular ways to use GSE.
- Step 1: Freshen your breath and keep your gums healthy. Mix three drops into 2 ounces of water and rinse for 10 seconds.
- Step 2: Clean and remove pesticides and bacteria from your fruits and vegetables. Add 30 drops to a sink filled with cold water and briefly soak the produce.
- FACT: The grapefruit tree, discovered on Barbados in the 17th century, was brought to Florida in 1823 for commercial cultivation.
- Step 3: Fight yeast infections by drinking a glass of water with 10 drops of GSE daily for two weeks.
- TIP: Add a few drops to the washing machine when laundering your socks.
- Step 4: Soothe a sore throat or squelch coughing. Mix five drops of GSE with a cup of room temperature water and gargle twice for 15 seconds at a time.
- Step 5: Help eradicate head lice and other parasites. Mix 20 drops of GSE with 1 cup water and massage it into your hair and scalp. Then cover your head with a plastic wrap or a shower cap and leave it in for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair well and comb it with a lice comb. Repeat if necessary.
- Step 6: Combat athlete's foot and other fungi. Rub a few drops of GSE in your palms and apply it to your feet several times a day.
- Step 7: Kill cold sores with a mixture of one drop of GSE to nine drops of water applied with a cotton swab. A natural antiviral, GSE is thought to help heal cold sores and viral infection, treat mouth ulcers, and treat cracked and sunburned lips.