Learn how to use the Instagram app and your mobile device to share your pictures across the globe.
- Step 1: Tap Feed to view your uploaded image, and updates from other Instagram users you follow. See a cool photo? Tap Like or add a comment for the user.
- Step 2: Check out the menu's other options: tap Popular to see photos people like on Instagram; use News to see your new followers, latest comments, and likes from Instagram's community.
- FACT: The first picture taken with a digital camera was a black and white photograph with a resolution of .01 megapixels.
- TIP: You can also share pictures from your Camera Roll.
- Step 3: Upload your photos to Instagram. Tap Share in the bottom menu to bring up your camera and snap a picture. Tint with a color filter if you want. Then, add a caption and geo-tag your image to give users details on your photo before uploading it to Instagram and other social networking sites.
- Step 4: Open the app, tap Sign Up, and enter basic information to create an Instagram account. Then, link your account to your address book contacts and Facebook and Twitter friends who use Instagram to see pictures they upload to the app.
- TIP: You can also search for users outside your contacts using their names or usernames.
- Step 5: Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPod touch with a built-in camera, and download the Instagram app to install the free program.