Want to view a wide variety of video formats, like WMV, AVI, and FLV files, on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch? Just use the VLC Media Player app.
- TIP: Connect the device to a wireless network for the smoothest possible playback.
- Step 1: When you're finished with the video, tap Done to return to the home screen. You can delete the file using the Edit button, or leave it in the playlist. Reconnect to iTunes to add more videos, and enjoy as much media as your device can hold.
- FACT: VideoLAN, which powers the VLC media player, was first developed in 1996 by a group of French students at the École Centrale Paris.
- Step 2: Open the VLC Player app on your device to view the Home screen, which features a playlist with media you've added. Tap a video to play it in portrait or landscape orientation. Use the scrubber bar at the top to navigate times within the video and the bottom buttons to rewind, fast-forward, and pause.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Apps tab and scroll down to File Sharing section. Select VLC and click Add under the VLC Documents list. In the pop-up window, find a digital media file and transfer it to your device.
- TIP: The VLC Media Player app runs on the iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, and recent versions of the iPod touch.
- Step 4: Connect your iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch to your computer. Then, open iTunes, and select the device from the left-side menu.
- Step 5: Open the App Store on your mobile device and download the official VLC Media Player app from Applidium.