Don't be the guy with the offensive odor. Follow this advice to get that scent right and to smell your best everyday.
- TIP: Choose a lighter scent, even at night, if you will be in a crowded place.
- Step 1: Coordinate your fragrance with your mood. The lighter citrus scents are known to improve your mood. Now spray on your cologne, lightly, and walk into the crowd with confidence.
- FACT: Jean-Marie Farina invented Eau de Cologne, or "water from Cologne," in Cologne, Germany, in the 18th century.
- Step 2: Switch colognes depending on the time of day. Choose a light and fresh citrus or wood-based scent for daytime and a heavier musky scent for nighttime.
- Step 3: . Test on your skin and leave on all day before purchasing. The ph level of your skin will affect the way the cologne smells.
- TIP: Do not mix fragrances between your cologne, aftershave, deodorant, or hair products. Stick to one scent, whether it's musk, spice, or something else.
- Step 4: Apply cologne after you shower, and never to cover up body odor. It will only become a noxious combination of cologne and B.O.
- Step 5: Keep it light. Never exceed two sprays or finger applications.