An arcade classic, Pac-Man features a simple concept -- eat the dots while avoiding the ghosts. Although a simple objective, you'll need a game plan and skills to earn as many points and lives as possible.
- Step 1: Use the tunnel located midway between the left and right sides of the screen. This tunnel can be used as a shortcut, and the ghosts move slower than Pac-Man through the tunnel.
- Step 2: Learn to use quick jerks of the joystick -- essentially fake outs that trick the ghosts into changing direction or anticipating your movement incorrectly. Now press start and get chompin'!
- FACT: The four ghosts in the original game are named Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde. Blinky is the red ghost and is the fastest one on the board.
- Step 3: Exercise caution when clearing the center of the board. After they are eaten, the ghosts emerge from the middle of the maze to once again chase after Pac-Man.
- TIP: An extra life is awarded at 10,000 points.
- TIP: Each dot is worth 10 points, each power pill is worth 50 points, and each cherry is worth 100 points.
- Step 4: Get the ghosts to follow you to a power pill, and then eat the pill. The ghosts will turn blue and move slowly. At that point, you'll easily be able to eat them.
- Step 5: Eat the dots on the bottom row first. This way, you won't be trapped by the ghosts.