Yahtzee is a game of numbers. There is a lot of luck involved, but there is also a great deal of strategy. Are you ready to roll the dice?
- Step 1: Consider all of your options carefully at each turn. There are millions of ways that the game could turn out each time you play it. If you focus, you could roll the winning combination.
- FACT: Yahtzee was invented by a Canadian couple in 1954 who played it aboard their yacht with friends.
- Step 2: Try for the more difficult-to-get rolls at the beginning of the game. That way, if you fail, you still have other boxes that you can put a roll in.
- Step 3: Go for the bonus 35 points in the top section. You need to get at least 63 points from the top section of the scorecard to get the bonus.
- TIP: You should also reserve the Chance box as long as you can. Use it only when you don't have any other options.
- Step 4: Reserve your 1s box and 2s box. That way you can put a 0 in there later, when you are going for a higher-scoring combination and don't get it.